Every once in a while, a guy gets itchy feet.
My name is Pete Berg, and this is my travel blog. I grew up in a tiny town in Upstate NY, and now live in Los Angeles, CA where I work in the television industry. Sometimes I get bored with my everyday life.
In July of 2008, I packed up my bag and took a one-way flight to Japan with the goal of traveling around the world. This blog is a collection of little bits and bobs I observe along the way.
The name Bootstrappin’ was inspired by a song by Klaus Bedalt on the Pirates of the Carribean soundtrack, called “Bootstrap’s Bootstraps”, pretty much the most intense theme music ever. It’s what goes through my head when I go on my adventures.
Some of my other websites
- PeteBerg.net – My online portfolio and resume website.
- Pete’s QBasic / QuickBasic Site – A website about amateur game programming, and also home to an online magazine I publish called QB Express.
- Pie Heaven – A frequently-updated stream of the funniest viral videos that I find online.
- Oh Cany Productions – Website for my “production company,” where I post the short videos I produce.
- Bandergrove.com – My other blog, where I write little articles about my life and things I find interesting.
- Reality Rush Adventures – An event planning company that I am starting, where we run team-building events based on reality TV shows.
- Sweatpants Boner – A comedy video group that I am a member of.
- Six Word Stories – Stories told in just six words.
- Power Hour HQ – Directory of video power hours.
- Tip of the Berg